Domenic's Fruit & Veg | 40 years
Top Tips | To Remember Your Reusable Shopping Bags
Reduce & Reuse | Plastic Free July
Lenard’s | Magic Meals
Spa In The Park | Ultherapy
The Source Bulk Foods | Cleaning Naturally
Natural Solutions | Go Vita
$900,000 raised to help prevent women's cancers
Reducing plastic waste is a hot topic right now… and it’s not as hard as you might think. There are simple steps you can take that not only reduces the amount of plastic in our environment but can also save you time and money!
The Plastic Free July campaign started in Perth back in 2011 and has grown to more than 150 countries worldwide. The campaign raises awareness of our growing plastic waste problem and supports behaviour change by helping people to avoid single-use (disposable) plastic.
There are simple, everyday things everyone can do to make a difference:
- Bring your own containers when purchasing goods from The Source Bulk Foods, The Butcher’s Shop, Lenard’s and Coles.
- Bring your own reusable bags when heading to the shops.
- Bring your own reusable cup for your morning coffee at Brewed (discount applicable), Central Patisserie (discount applicable), Café Central (discount applicable), Jesters (discount applicable) or Pietro Gelateria.
- Consider whether you need a plastic straw with your drink.
- Consider purchasing a bamboo or biodegradable toothbrush instead of a plastic one.
Look out for our ‘Reduce & Reuse’ messaging in Centre for some simple changes you can make, follow our Facebook page for more helpful hints and tips, or come along to one of our eco-friendly workshops!
- Kids Reusable Bag Workshop - Join our kids workshop and create your own customised reusable bag to take home. Saturday 21 July, 10am – 12pm.
- Beeswax Food Wrap Workshop – Learn how to make a reusable and eco-friendly beeswax food wrap and take one home. Saturday 28 July, 10am – 12pm.