Gift Wrapping at The Park Centre
Have Yourself a Bakers Delight Christmas
Santa is Coming
Christmas Trading Hours
Hawaiian Giving Box Christmas Appeal
Kmart | Wishing Tree Appeal
Brewed Coffee House | Potato Salad Recipe
The Butchers Shop | Lamb Ragu with Orecchiette
Vic Park Fresh | Lemon Meringue Tart
MobileMuster | Vodaphone
New Ultraceuticals Christmas Range | Spa In The Park
Glasshouse Christmas Range | Woven & Willow
Coles | Exciting New Changes In Store
Free Seniors Bus Service
$900,000 raised to help prevent women's cancers
Delicious slow cooked lamb shanks served over orecchiette… Nonna would be proud!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 2 Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 2 Onions (peeled and diced)
- 2 Celery Stalks (diced)
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tins Crushed Tomato
- 400g Orecchiette
- 300g Frozen Peas
- 50g Black Olives
- 60g Butter
- 1 cup, Parsley (rough chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 140°C.
- Heat a heavy-based casserole dish with 2 tablespoons oil. Brown the lamb shanks on all sides and remove.
- Combine the fresh vegetables, herbs and garlic, cook until lightly coloured.
- Add the shanks to the vegetable mix, tomatoes and add water (1lt, or until shanks are covered).
- Cover the dish with foil and cook in the oven for 90 minutes or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
- Remove shanks and shred the meat, removing any skin and sinew. Skim cooking liquid and reduce. Set aside.
- Cook the orecchiette according to pack instructions.
- Combine 200ml of the lamb’s cooking liquid with the shredded meat, frozen peas and black olives in a pan and bring to the simmer.
- Stir through the butter and chopped parsley, season to taste.