Exciting Upgrades to The Park Centre
The Park Centre Refurbishment FAQs
Cooking with The Source | Banana Bread
Introducing Nikki | Millers
LookSmart Alterations School Promotions
The Source Bulk Foods - Warrior Lunch Box
Price Attack's 9 Picks to Repair & Replenish Summer Hair
Organic Lavender Body Scrub
The Ultimate Summer Seafood Spread
10 Epic Travel Experiences To Pursue in 2019
Relaxed Looks: Effortless Weekend Styling
Free Seniors Bus Service
Vic Park Fresh | Lemon Meringue Tart
Fresh, zingy and sweet… perfect for every occasion!
- ½ Sheets Frozen Shortcrust Pastry (thawed)
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ⅓ cup Castor Sugar
- ¼ cup Cornflour
- 2 Eggs (separated)
- 30g Butter
- 1 Lemon (juiced and zested)
- Preheat oven to hot, 200C.
- Lightly grease each recess of a (¼ cup) muffin pan.
- Using a 10cm cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry. Ease pastry into prepared pans. Chill for 15 minutes. Prick bases and bake for 5-10 mins.
- Meanwhile, combine water, lemon juice, sugar and cornflour in a saucepan, until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 mins.
- Stir in yolks, butter and rind and allow to cool slightly. Spoon into prepared tart shells. Chill until firm.
- To make the meringue, in a clean, dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy.
- Increase oven to very hot, 220C. Dollop meringue roughly over filling in each tart. Bake for 4-5 mins until lightly browned. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.